Do I keep 100% of the compensation?

Under the new rules brought into affect by the Government as of 1st April 2013, unfortunately you do not.  The fees highlighted above for the insurance cover for the claim and the contribution towards your solicitors costs will need to be deducted from your compensation but only if your claim succeeds.

If I lose, will I have to pay?

If you lose, you will not be asked to pay anything due to the fact that, under the terms of our panel solicitors’ No Win No Fee* service, they will take out an insurance policy to pay the other side’s costs and any expenses incurred on you behalf. Your solicitor will pay for this After The Event policy at no cost to you. For more information, see our No Win No Fee* page.

How long will my claim take?

Our solicitors specialize in dealing with personal injury cases and always strive to achieve the very best results without any delay. Every case is different and much depends on the type of injury sustained, and whether you need to be re-assessed by your appointed medical expert. Your solicitor will give you a rough idea of how long your claim will take.

Is there lots of paperwork to fill out?

Not always. Most of the details required to pursue your claim will be taken from you by your solicitor over the telephone. Dealing with the paperwork is the job of your solicitor but you will be asked to check that all the information is accurate.

Will I need to go to the solicitors’ office?

No. Your solicitor can deal with your case by post, telephone or email. However, if you wish to meet with your solicitor to discuss any aspect of your case, you can arrange a meeting with them, when they will be happy to discuss matters with you. As these claims are serious injury claims, your solicitors will meet you face to face at regular intervals throughout your claim.

If the accident happened a long time ago, can I still claim?

The general rule is you must start court proceedings within three years from the date of the accident. If you were below the age of 18 at the time of the accident, you must start court proceedings within three years from the date of your 18th birthday. It is important to seek legal advice as soon as possible after an accident in order to avoid missing the three year time limit, thereby making your claim “statute barred”, after which you will be unable to make a claim.

Will I need to go to court?

In most personal injury cases, there is no need to attend court, as a settlement is achieved by way of negotiation between your solicitor and the other side’s insurance company.

How does SeriousInjuryClaims4U get paid?

You will pay us £480 as a management fee, which can be paid to us at the end of your claim out of your damages (“compensation”) recovered in respect of your personal injury claim. The management fee relates only to our investigative and advisory claims management services provided to you throughout the duration of your claim to include an initial assessment of the merits of your claim and thereafter drafting an initial statement of facts on your behalf, obtaining supportive evidence if requested by the expert panel of solicitors dealing with your claim to include CCTV footage, locus photographs or sketch plans to assist in pursuing your claim, facilitating if appropriate to your claim obtaining a replacement vehicle, recovery and storage of your vehicle or vehicle repair services, assisting the expert panel of solicitors dealing with your claim in collating evidence relating to your out of pocket expenses, providing you with the facility to obtain case updates via our customer services, translation services if requested, assisting you with completion of any documentation and arranging transport to attend at Court. Please note our management fee charged does not include any payment by you for the referral of your claim to one of our panel of solicitors.

However, if you recover less than £1,000 in compensation, you will not have to pay us the management fee.

We refer you to our Terms and Conditions of business for further details.

It is important to understand that under the terms of the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) scheme, solicitors’ costs are not paid by the CICA. Therefore, one of our panel of specialist solicitors will act for you on a Contingency Fee basis. This means, that should you be awarded compensation, you will need to agree with our solicitors at the outset, what percentage of your compensation is used to pay their fees. If you are unsuccessful, you will not pay anything towards your solicitors’ fees.

Any innocent victim of crime can personally submit an application to the CICA free of charge. However, particularly in more complex cases involving serious injuries, we advise that specialist legal representation should be sought.